Gender Impact Assessments: Breaking the pattern of inaction
The Intergovernmental Forum on Mining, Minerals, Metals and Sustainable Development (IGF) and Global Affairs Canada (GAC) are hosting a side event during the 2023 Prospectors & Developers Association of Canada (PDAC) convention in Toronto, Canada to discuss how stakeholders can take action to support gender impact assessments.
- Date: Sunday March 5, 2023
- Time: 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Location: Metro Toronto Convention Centre, Reception Hall 104 C
- Light breakfast and lunch will be provided
- This is a free event, registration is required
- David Fournier, Deputy Director Development Operations, GAC
- Greg Radford, Director, IGF
Panel 1 | The Role of Governments and Civil Society in Overseeing Impact Assessment Frameworks
- Carolina Rojas Hayes, Independent Consultant
- Ege Tekinbas, Senior Policy Advisor for Gender Equity, IGF
- Mamadou Bady Balde, Deputy Executive Director, EITI
- Melanie Campbell, Director, Canadian Minerals and Metals Plan Secretariat at Natural Resources Canada
- Joanne Lebert, Executive Director, IMPACT
Panel 2 | The Role of Industry Actors and Practitioners in Integrating Gender Equality in Impact Assessment
- Carolyn Burns, Executive Director, Devonshire Initiative
- Jennifer Adams, Country Director, Mongolia, Catalyste+
- Ben Chalmers, Senior Vice President, Mining Association of Canada
- Ginger Gibson, Founding Director, Firelight Group
- Susan Joyce, President, On Common Ground
Space is limited, please register if you would like to attend.
Global Conference on The Future of Resource Taxation
Global event convening officials from ministries of mining, finance, and revenue authorities as well as industry, civil society, academia, and international organizations.
Measures to Enhance Forest Conservation and Reduce Deforestation: Viewpoints and Lessons from Producing Countries
This event will enhance understanding of developing economy domestic policy efforts and the evolving trade policy context, to address deforestation and enhance forest conservation.
Something Old, Something New: Help us launch IISD-ELA’s 55th research season
The world's freshwater laboratory turns 55 this year...
Financing a Just Energy Transition Through Fossil Fuel Subsidy Reform
This official C20 side event, will discuss the challenges and opportunities of reforming fossil fuel subsidies for different G20 members.