What to expect from the upcoming SDG Summit?
The SDG Lab, CEPEI, and IISD will host a virtual conversation and Q&A session with SDG experts exploring why this Summit is crucial, how to raise ambition for SDG implementation, and discuss successes and lessons learned so far.
Ahead of the 2023 SDG Summit, marking the halfway point for the achievement of the 2030 Agenda and its Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), the SDG Lab, CEPEI and the International Institute for Sustainable Development will host a virtual dialogue on what to expect for the Summit, exploring why this Summit is crucial, how to raise ambition for SDG implementation, and discuss lessons learned pivotal to turbocharging the 2030 Agenda in the remaining seven years.
Hosted as a conversation between the Global Youth Coordinator at the Coalition for the UN We Need (C4UN), and representatives of the Permanent Missions of Ireland and Qatar, the co-facilitators of the Political Declaration for the SDG Summit, this webinar will discuss what to expect of the SDG Summit by addressing the following aspects:
- How will the SDG Summit raise ambition for SDG implementation?
- What can we expect for the 7.5 years left of the 2030 Agenda, and will the SDG Summit address sustainable development beyond 2030?
- What are the successes and lessons learned so far that we should keep in mind to strengthen action in the next 7.5 years?
The conversation will be moderated by Trine Schmidt, Strategic Advisor with the UN SDG Lab. The webinar will allow ample time for questions from participants.
- Ms. Nudhara Yusuf, Executive Coordinator of the Global Governance Innovation Network & Global Youth Coordinator at the Coalition for the UN We Need (C4UN)
- Mr. John Gilroy, First Secretary, Lead on Sustainable Development, Permanent Mission of Ireland to the United Nations
- Sheikh Abdulrahman Al-Thani, Second Secretary, Permanent Mission of the State of Qatar to the United Nations
- Welcome by Nathalie Bernasconi, co-CEO of the International Institute for Sustainable Development IISD
- Conversation between Nudhara Yusuf and Co-facilitators of SDG Summit, Ireland and Qatar, on expectations for the SDG Summit, moderated by Trine Schmidt, Strategic Advisor SDG Lab
- Discussion / Q&A with participants, facilitated by the SDG Lab
- Closing reflection
2024 Investment Policy Forum
The 16th edition of the International Institute for Sustainable Development's (IISD) Investment Policy Forum will be held in Manila, the Philippines, in October 2024.
IISD at Procura+
Public procurement can play a key role in strategic governance, ensuring service delivery that achieves value for money and generates benefits not only for organizations, but also for the environment, society and the economy. IISD's Procurement team will present key research on green public procurement.
Rethinking Incentives for Sustainable Investment in Lao PDR
A high-level capacity-building workshop on the design and use of tax incentives as an investment promotion tool in Lao PDR.
Trade and Sustainability Hub 2024
Alongside the Thirteenth WTO Ministerial Conference (MC13) we will be running our Trade + Sustainability Hub, bringing together thought leaders from both within and outside governments for a series of conversations on the challenges of building cooperative trade policy that delivers for sustainable development.