Virtual Policy Dialogue: Creating Inclusive Food Markets by Linking Certification and Finance
Join us on Monday, September 7, 2020, at 11:00 CAT/CEST for a virtual policy dialogue about sustainability certification and access to finance for agricultural producers in Africa, with a focus on the least-developed countries.
This event features key actors, including financial service providers, government representatives, producers, and the standards community.
Topics for discussion:
- Best practices from selected innovative investment cases of African certified agricultural producers
- Investor requirements, risks, and opportunities to extend financing to sustainable agricultural producers
- Leveraging certification to mitigate financial risk and to build farmer resilience
- Mr. Tomas de la Serna (Incofin)
- Mr. Wanjohi Ndagu (Pearl Capital Partners, Yield Uganda Fund)
- Mr. Andre Ndikumana (National Agricultural Export Development Board)
- Mr. Jean Aime Niyonkuru (Sustainable Growers)
- Mr. Rohith Peiris (Sorwathe Ltd)
- Ms. Oriane Pledran (Moringa Fund)
This Partner Event of the AGRF Virtual Summit 2020 is organized by the International Institute of Sustainable Development (IISD).
2020 Virtual Forum on Hydrogen
Between October 26 and November 2, The International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD)’s Global Subsidies Initiative (GSI) and the China Council for International Cooperation on Environment and Development (CCICED) will co-host a series of virtual sessions on the hydrogen economy, including a high-level panel discussion at the closing.
Aquahacking Lake Winnipeg Final
Learn which innovative solutions to Lake Winnipeg's woes will take home the grand prize on October 20.
IGF's 16th Annual General Meeting
The IGF will host its 16th Annual General Meeting on October 20–22, 2020. The event will be held online for the very first time with theme: Mining and COVID-19: From crisis to sustainability.
IISD at the Geneva Trade Week
IISD is pleased to be supporting the organization of the Sustainability stream of the Geneva Trade Week, being held by the Geneva Trade Platform at the Graduate Institute between September 28 and October 2, 2020.