Shining a Light on the Social Dimension of Sustainable Finance
Sustainable investing has experienced impressive growth in recent years. However, as the focus on the environmental dimension of sustainable finance is increasingly consolidating, also referred to as “green finance”, the social dimension of sustainable finance is lagging behind. How do we change that?
A panel of experts from the SDG Lab and the International Institute for Sustainable Development will identify and share the challenges they face in ensuring that sustainable investments contribute to all three dimensions of the Sustainable Development Goals - the social, environmental, and economic dimensions. The event will also briefly touch upon questions of how to measure impact and advance quality data for the social dimension of sustainable finance.
Welcome and setting the scene:
- Ms. Nadia Isler, Director of SDG Lab, United Nations
- Mr. Nathan Sussman, Professor and Pictet Chair in Finance and Development, International Economics, The Graduate Institute Geneva.
- Ms. Sandrine Salerno, Director Sustainable Finance Geneva
- Mr. Jacques Ducrest, Federal Council Delegate for the 2030 Agenda, Switzerland
- Mr. Bruno Roche, Founder and Executive Director, Economics of Mutuality
- Ms. Patricia Richter, Senior Technical Officer at the International Labour Organization (ILO)
- Ms. Dorothee Baumann-Pauly, Director, Geneva Center for Business and Human Rights
- Ms. Trine Schmidt, Policy Analyst, International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD)
COP 26 Side Event: Shifting Public Support and Policies Towards a Clean and Just Energy Transition in the Global South
This COP 26 side event hosted by IISD, GIZ, and IASS explores the potential for a fossil-free, clean, and just development pathway in the Global South.
Implications of the Eco Oro Decision for Investment Treaty Negotiations and Reforms
A roundtable discussion on the Eco Oro investment arbitration decision.
COP 26 Side Event | The Subsidy Swap: Reform and reallocate subsidies from fossil fuels to deliver a fair energy transition
This hybrid COP 26 Nordic Pavilion side event will explore the case for reforming fossil fuel subsidies and reallocating funds to clean energy.