Getting Started – The CO2 Performance Ladder for low-carbon procurement
The International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD) and the Foundation for Climate Friendly Procurement and Business (SKAO) were pleased to create a virtual event that showcased a joint project on low-carbon infrastructure procurement.
Since 2021, IISD and SKAO have been collaborating on a project to scale-up the use of the CO2 Performance Ladder in Europe. Already used by over 200 procuring authorities in the Netherlands, and recently deployed successfully through public procurement in Belgium, the CO2 Performance Ladder is quickly becoming recognized best practice for structurally decreasing carbon emissions, particularly in heavy infrastructure sectors. Moreover, the CO2 Performance Ladder has been developed and used in compliance with the European Union Procurement Directive, making it immediately applicable in other EU countries.
In this 1.5-hour virtual event, IISD and SKAO introduced you to this carbon-management system and its use in public procurement. After that, procurement authorities and companies from the Netherlands and Belgium explained the practicalities of using the CO2 Performance Ladder in public procurement processes and provided tips for getting started.
- About the CO2 Performance Ladder for managing and reducing carbon emissions
- Insights from procurement authorities on using the CO2 Performance Ladder (Netherlands and Belgium)
- Insights from the company side on implementing the CO2 Performance Ladder and responding to public tenders (Belgium)
- Laura Turley, International Institute for Sustainable Development
- Maud Vastbinder, Foundation for Climate Friendly Business and Procurement (SKAO)
- Harald Versteeg, Programme Manager at Rijkswaterstaat
- Dirk Van Troyen, Road Structures Engineer, Flemish Agency for Roads and Traffic (AWV)
- Franky van den Berghe, Sustainability Manager, Willemen Group
NBI Deep Dive: Valuing Forest Restoration in Indonesia, a Case Study of the Brantas River
In this final session on water in our NBI Deep Dive series, we demonstrate the benefits of forest restoration through a case study on the Brantas River basin in Indonesia.
The Future We Want: What have we learned since Rio+20?
In this 10th year since the Rio+20 The Future We Want was adopted, this webinar will explore the ways in which the 2012 outcome laid the foundations and still advances the objectives that the SDG Summit seeks to reinforce.
NAP Global Network at NAP Expo 2023
The world’s flagship conference dedicated to National Adaptation Plan (NAP) processes will take place in the Latin America and Caribbean region for the first time.
IISD Sustainability Certificate Series
IISD is launching a new online workshop series for university students around the world on sustainable development, policy engagement, and green economies.