Border Carbon Adjustment Mechanisms for the Concerned
This dialogue aimed to foster an informal discussion on Border Carbon Adjustment (BCA) policy design between trade and environment/climate change officials from countries likely to be directly affected by BCAs. The dialogue discussed the extent of understanding among participants about BCA proposals and the extent to which consultation is taking place with trading partners.
Participants were encouraged to share their concerns regarding BCA proposals, how concerns regarding the design of BCA from an affected country perspective could be addressed, and what can be the features of an effective development dimension.
This discussion was be held under the Chatham House Rule.
- 15:00 – 15:10
- Welcome Remarks: Nathalie Bernasconi, Senior Director, Economic Law and Policy, IISD and Rashid Kaukab, Executive Director, CUTS International, Geneva
- 15:10 – 15:30
- Scene-setting: Aaron Cosbey, Senior Associate, IISD
- 15:30 – 16:00
- Expert perspective: Carlos Razo, Chief, Office of the Director, Division on International Trade, UNCTAD and Aaron Cosbey, Senior Associate, IISD
- 16:00 – 17:00
- Presentations and interventions from participants: Moderator: Alice Tipping, Lead, Sustainable Trade and Fisheries Subsidies, IISD
- Closing remarks Alice Tipping, Lead, Sustainable Trade and Fisheries Subsidies, IISD
Fossil Fuel Subsidy Reform: Moving from commitments to action in 2022
This webinar will provide an update on the current state of fossil fuel subsidy reform and will look ahead at what to expect from the G7, G20, and UNFCCC in 2022.
South Africa’s Energy Fiscal Policies
This webinar, will provide a first look at findings from the IISD "South Africa’s Energy Fiscal Policies" report, presenting key takeaways and recommendations.