What to expect at the HLPF: Building momentum towards the SDG Summit and beyond
Each year, countries gather at the United Nations at the High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development (HLPF) to report their successes and challenges in bringing the 2030 Agenda and its Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to life.
This webinar will unpack with key-note speakers the main expectations at this year’s HLPF, including reviewing the main findings from two reports which will inform the SDG Summit: the Global Sustainable Development Report 2023, and the report by the High-Level Advisory Board on Effective and Inclusive Global Governance. At the same time, this webinar will explore linkages with the 2023 SDG Summit and the 2024 Summit of the Future.
- Welcome by moderator | Philipp Schönrock, Cepei Director
- HLPF 2023 in focus | Friedrich Soltau, Senior Sustainable Development Officer, UNDESA
- GSDR Main findings | Norichika Kanie, Professor, Graduate School of Media and Governance, Keio University, Japan
- Regional dimension and findings from HLAB | Alicia Bárcena, Ambassador of Mexico to Chile and former Executive Secretary of ECLAC
- Connecting HLPF to SDG Summit & Summit of the Future | Oezge Aydogan, Director, SDG Lab at UN Geneva
- Wrap Up and Staying Connected During HLPF | Philipp Schönrock, Cepei Director
- Q&A Expectations from Participants | Audience and Panel
High-Level Political Forum 2023 Debrief
A brief snapshot of the proceedings at the 2023 High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development and the challenges in the coming year.
Stocktake: Need for action on fossil fuel subsidy reform and shifting of other public financial flows
This side event of the Bonn Climate Change Conference SB 58 will call for renewed momentum on reforming fossil fuel subsidies and shifting public financial flows to clean energy.
Something Old, Something New: Help us launch IISD-ELA’s 55th research season
The world's freshwater laboratory turns 55 this year...