What to expect at the HLPF: Building momentum towards the SDG Summit and beyond
Each year, countries gather at the United Nations at the High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development (HLPF) to report their successes and challenges in bringing the 2030 Agenda and its Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to life.
Hosted by CEPEI, the SDG Lab, and the International Institute for Sustainable Development, this webinar unpacked the main expectations at this year’s HLPF, including reviewing the main findings from two reports which will inform the SDG Summit: the Global Sustainable Development Report 2023, and the report by the High-Level Advisory Board on Effective and Inclusive Global Governance. At the same time, this webinar explored linkages with the 2023 SDG Summit and the 2024 Summit of the Future.
- Welcome by moderator | Philipp Schönrock, Cepei Director
- HLPF 2023 in focus | Friedrich Soltau, Senior Sustainable Development Officer, UNDESA
- GSDR Main findings | Norichika Kanie, Professor, Graduate School of Media and Governance, Keio University, Japan
- Connecting HLPF to SDG Summit & Summit of the Future | Oezge Aydogan, Director, SDG Lab at UN Geneva, and Stefan Jungcurt, Lead II, SDG Indicators and Data, IISD
- Wrap Up and Staying Connected During HLPF | Philipp Schönrock, Cepei Director
- Q&A Expectations from Participants | Audience and Panel
COP 28 Side Event | Fossil Fuel Subsidy Reform: Bridging discussions in climate and trade forums
This COP 28 side event will explore how fossil fuel subsidy reform is addressed across the climate and trade space, highlighting the actions being taken through UNFCCC processes and at the WTO.
COP 28 Side Event | Financing the Future: How should big banks respond to the climate crisis?
How should big banks respond to the climate crisis and what is the role of COP 28 and national governments in regulating the banking sector? This COP 28 side event will explore opportunities, challenges, and lessons learned.
Advancing Natural Infrastructure 2024 Forum
A premier event to discuss natural infrastructure on the Canadian prairies and shape the future of prairie water infrastructure by working with nature
COP 28 Side Event | Advancing International Cooperation and Knowledge Exchange for Implementing Just Energy Transitions in Coal Regions
This COP 28 side event will discuss how partnerships foster collaboration and knowledge exchange across countries and how the new Just Energy Transition in Coal Regions Knowledge Hub can serve as a digital ‘one-stop shop’ on just energy transition.