Voluntary Sustainability Standards in South Asia: A focus on the cotton sector in Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka
This public webinar discussed research findings from IISD's State of Sustainability Initiatives.
The International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD) hosted a public webinar to discuss the findings from the IISD's forthcoming report: Voluntary Sustainability Standards in South Asia: A focus on the cotton sector in Bangladesh, India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
The research maps voluntary sustainability standards (VSSs) criteria and market potential and explores how VSSs can help address three major sustainability issues: pest management, water conservation, and farmers’ incomes and prices.
- Sara Elder, Senior Policy Advisor, IISD
- Vivek Voora, Senior Associate, IISD
- Florencia Sarmiento, Policy Analyst, IISD
- Hardeep Desai, Head of Farm Operations, Cotton Connect
- Zahid Hussain, Farmer Representative, CABI
- Tassawar Hussain Malik, Director of Research, Pakistan Central Cotton Committee, Ministry of National Food Security & Research, Pakistan
2024 Investment Policy Forum
The 16th edition of the International Institute for Sustainable Development's (IISD) Investment Policy Forum will be held in Manila, the Philippines, in October 2024.
Introductory Workshop on International Investment Law: Madagascar
An introductory workshop on international investment law for Madagascar government officials.
IISD at Procura+
Public procurement can play a key role in strategic governance, ensuring service delivery that achieves value for money and generates benefits not only for organizations, but also for the environment, society and the economy. IISD's Procurement team will present key research on green public procurement.