IEA-IGF Webinar | The Role of Critical Minerals in Clean Energy Transitions
The International Energy Agency (IEA) has issued a new report, the Role of Critical Minerals in Clean Energy Transitions, which analyses the complex links between these minerals, energy security and the prospects for a sustainable, sequential yet rapid transformation of the energy sector. The report was informed by extensive consultation with partners, including the IGF.
Join the IEA and IGF on June 2 at 10:00 EST (GMT +4) / 16:00 CEST (GMT -2) for a webinar discussing the important issues identified in the IEA’s report, including:
- Mineral demand implications of a rapid shift to clean energy technologies
- Far-reaching implications for the metals and mining sector
- The global shortfall in mineral supply and investment for energy transformation
- International coordination and due diligence
- Tomás Bredariol, Energy and Environmental Policy Analyst, IEA
- Alec Crawford, Senior Policy Advisor, IGF
- Tae-Yoon Kim, Energy Analyst, IEA
- Pascal Laffont, Chief Legal Counsel, IEA
- Jeremy Lagelee, Junior Legal Advisor, IEA
- K.C. Michaels, Legal Advisor, IEA
- Greg Radford, Director, IGF
- Isabelle Ramdoo, Deputy Director, IGF
- Rebecca Schulz, Energy Analyst, IEA
Gender and Mining Governance E-Learning Course
This free e-learning course to build awareness and skills in regard to gender governance in the mining industry.
Virtual Workshop for Government Officials Eastern and Southern Africa
The main goals of this virtual training workshop are to help government officials understand the legal and policy risks and potential benefits of different business models in agriculture, with a focus on large-scale agribusiness investments—this is while applying the Principles for Responsible Investment in Agriculture and Food Systems (CFS-RAI) to better analyze legal tools used.
The Why and How of Investment Dispute Prevention and Management Agencies – Sharing country experiences
This webinar on dispute prevention and management agencies will build on the research findings of a forthcoming IISD publication by Jonathan Bonnitcha and Zoe Phillips Williams, and aims to inform policymakers as they consider alternatives and complements to investor-state dispute settlement.
Webinar | Greening Aid for Trade and the SDGs
This webinar will examine efforts and possibilities for "greening" Aid for Trade, including in the context of the COVID-19 recovery. It will feature an introduction to a new joint publication (forthcoming) by IISD and the Forum on Trade, Environment & the SDGs.