Ethics and Compliance
IISD works to create a world where people and the planet thrive. We strive to build and maintain trust, empower our partners, and give space to diverse voices and ideas.
IISD’s policies aim to ensure that we provide a safe, professional, and ethical workplace and environment for colleagues, clients, the public, funders, and all other stakeholders. We comply by the laws and regulations of the countries in which we operate offices.
Policies related to Ethics and Compliance
- IISD Anti-Bribery and Corruption Policy
- IISD Code of Conduct
- IISD Safeguarding Policy
- IISD Whistleblower Policy
- IISD Workplace Harassment Policy
- IISD Workplace Violence Policy
- IISD Gender Equality and Diversity Policy
It is important that we receive information as soon as possible so that we can take immediate action.
As a whistleblower, you may choose to remain anonymous throughout the entire process. Your voice is important for us to build a culture of ethics and compliance.
You may choose to report situations such as, but not limited to, the following:
- Human Resources issues such as discrimination, racism, and sexual harassment
- Corporate Security
- Ethics and Compliance
- Legal Misconduct
For concerns related to dissatisfaction in the workplace, please contact your immediate supervisor or get in touch with the Human Resources team.
How to report misconduct
If you believe, in good faith, that you have uncovered or observed evidence that indicates conduct in serious breach of company policy or that is unethical, illegal, or fraudulent, you may report that conduct and the supporting evidence to an immediate supervisor or to Human Resources.
If it is not possible or appropriate to report the information to an immediate supervisor or Human Resources, the information can be reported directly to the President/CEO or to the Ethics hotline.
In situations where you prefer to remain anonymous, you are encouraged to use the Ethics hotline.
IISD’s Ethics hotline, EthicsPoint, is hosted by a third-party hotline provider, NavEx Global.
Your message will be securely handled
The ethics hotline service is provided by an external partner, Navex Global, to ensure anonymity. The communication channel is encrypted and password protected.
All messages will be processed in confidence.
How to use EthicsPoint:
You may use any of the following methods to submit a report:
- Make a report online (Link redirects to a third-party server and is therefore completely confidential)
- Use the 24-hour telephone hotline (Available toll-free within the United States, Canada, and Switzerland). The hotline is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, is confidential and protected, and is available in 14 languages.
- Use the NavEx mobile app.
Toll-free hotline numbers:
- United States and Canada: (844) 955-1643
- Switzerland: From an outside line, dial 0-800-890011. At the prompt, dial (844) 955-1643