Virtual Fireside Chat: How Two Continents Are Working Together to Improve The Health Of The African Great Lakes
And this matters because the seven African Great Lakes contain around 25% of the world's fresh water and underpin the welfare and livelihoods of over 50 million people across 10 countries.
To hear their stories, and to learn more, we invite you to a virtual fireside chat on Wednesday, October 28, 2020, at 9:00 a.m. (CDT); 10:00 a.m. (EDT); 3:00 p.m. (CET); 4:00 p.m. (CAT); 5:00 p.m. (EAT).
You will discover:
- Exactly what the African Great Lakes are, and why we need to collaborate in order to protect them
- from Dr. Kevin Obiero, Chair, ACARE & Centre Director, Kenya Marine and Fisheries Research Institute
- The critical role that women are playing
- from Stephanie Smith, Strategic Advisor, IISD-ACARE
- A case study of work already underway to protect the African Great Lakes
- from Ms. Cecilia M. Githukia; Research Scientist; Kenya Marine and Fisheries Research Institute, Aquaculture Division
AquaHacking Lake Winnipeg Final
Learn which innovative solutions to Lake Winnipeg's woes will take home the grand prize on October 20.
This Is How Canada Can Use Innovation and Data to Protect Its Fresh Water
Want to discover the potential for data and technological innovations to transform the way Canada protects its precious fresh water supplies?
Who Wants to Be A Limnologist?
The world's freshwater laboratory launches its 53rd research season in style.
We are a unique freshwater facility in Canada now digitising data we have collected over 50 years. Ask us anything, Reddit.
The world's freshwater laboratory is hard at work digitizing its incredible database. Now we want Reddit to ask us how we are doing it.