Virtual Fireside Chat: How Two Continents Are Working Together to Improve The Health Of The African Great Lakes
And this matters because the seven African Great Lakes contain around 25% of the world's fresh water and underpin the welfare and livelihoods of over 50 million people across 10 countries.
To hear their stories, and to learn more, we invite you to a virtual fireside chat on Wednesday, October 28, 2020, at 9:00 a.m. (CDT); 10:00 a.m. (EDT); 3:00 p.m. (CET); 4:00 p.m. (CAT); 5:00 p.m. (EAT).
You will discover:
- Exactly what the African Great Lakes are, and why we need to collaborate in order to protect them
- from Dr. Kevin Obiero, Chair, ACARE & Centre Director, Kenya Marine and Fisheries Research Institute
- The critical role that women are playing
- from Stephanie Smith, Strategic Advisor, IISD-ACARE
- A case study of work already underway to protect the African Great Lakes
- from Ms. Cecilia M. Githukia; Research Scientist; Kenya Marine and Fisheries Research Institute, Aquaculture Division
IGF 18th Annual General Meeting
This year’s event will focus on critical minerals for the energy transition. It will be held in-person on November 7–10, 2022 in Geneva, Switzerland.
14th Annual Forum of Developing Country Investment Negotiators
The 14th Annual Investment Forum will be taking place in 2022 in Abuja, Nigeria, with the theme: Coherence in International Investment Governance