Public–Private Partnerships (PPPs) in Infrastructure and Public Services
How can governments harness investment for sustainable development through public–private partnerships (PPPs) in infrastructure and public services? This workshop presented practical tools with a focus on agriculture and rural infrastructure.
The joint IISD–UNCTAD workshop was organized in response to requests from government representatives attending the 11th Annual Forum of Developing Country Investment Negotiators.
Harnessing Investment for Sustainable Development through Public–Private Partnerships (PPPs) in Infrastructure and Public Services was held in Nairobi, Kenya, on February 6, 2018.
Topics discussed included:
- Measuring Investment in Infrastructure and Public Services Sectors: A data overview and data challenges
- IISD’s Sustainable Asset Valuation (SAVi) Tool: Why sustainable assets can deliver better value for money and harness sustainable development
- Financing Investment in Infrastructure for Agriculture
- Contracts for Sustainable Infrastructure: Ensuring the economic, social and environmental co-benefits of infrastructure investment projects
- Data on PPP-Related ISDS Cases, including Agriculture-Related Cases
- Harnessing Sustainable Investment in Infrastructure and Public Services through IIAs, including Implications for Drafting Key IIA Provisions
- IISD developed the SAVi tool to demonstrate to governments, investors and citizens why sustainable assets can deliver better value for money and more attractive internal rates of return.
- This report defines sustainable infrastructure, outlines its expected characteristics and co-benefits, and presents why governments must and how they can integrate sustainability into PPPs and other infrastructure contracts.
IISD at the Geneva Trade Week
IISD is pleased to be supporting the organization of the Sustainability stream of the Geneva Trade Week, being held by the Geneva Trade Platform at the Graduate Institute between September 28 and October 2, 2020.
13th Annual Forum of Developing Country Investment Negotiators
The 13th Annual Forum of Developing Country Investment Negotiators will be held virtually in September 2020. The meeting is being organized by the International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD) and hosted by the Government of Thailand.
The Multilateral Framework on Investment Facilitation: What investment treaty negotiators need to know
Join us on Thursday , August 20, 2020, at 3 p.m. (CEST) for a discussion of the multilateral framework on investment facilitation (MFIF) and its linkages to the international investment treaty regime.
Parliamentarian Action #2 | Advancing gender equality in the context of family farming
The second virtual dialogue in the Parliamentarians' Actions for Gender Equality and Resilient Food Systems in Response to COVID-19 series will be held on July 22, 2020, from 12:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. (CEST).