Investing in India's EV Transition
Decarbonization of the transport sector will be fundamental to reduce the impacts of global climate change and to achieve India’s ambitious climate targets. The Government of India aims for electric vehicles (EVs) to account for at least 30% of all new automotive sales by 2030. While the target will bring enormous advantages in terms of abating carbon emissions and enhancing India’s energy security, a new report estimates that substantially more foreign direct investment is required in EVs and batteries to achieve the EV transition ambitions.
This webinar will present the findings of a new report, Investor Perspectives on Accelerating Growth in the Indian EV Ecosystem, by Invest India, Columbia University’s Center on Global Energy Policy, the International Institute for Sustainable Development, and the Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations. Speakers will consider pathways to achieving 30% vehicle electrification in India by 2030, including how to bridge India's EV investment gap.
Deepak Bagla, CEO, Invest India
Sudhendu Sinha, Advisor, NITI Aayog
Presentation of Report Findings
- Tom Moerenhout, Associate, IISD
- Abhishek Bansal, Investment Specialist for Auto/EV, Invest India
- Dev Ashish, Sector Head for EVs & Batteries, Invest India
- Sudhendu Sinha, Advisor, NITI Aayog
- Pooja Kulkarni, I.A.S Managing Director & CEO, Guidance, Tamil Nadu Industries Department
- Jayesh Ranjan IAS, Principal Secretary, Government of Telangana
- Rahul Walawalkar, MD & President, Customized Energy Solutions India; President, India Energy Storage Alliance
- N. Mohan, Deputy General Manager, Head - EV Charging, Infrastructure Convergence Energy Services Limited
- Nishant Arya, Vice Chairman, JBM Group
COP 28 Side Event | Sustainable and Climate-Friendly Reconstruction of Built Environment After Conflicts and Disasters
In this COP 28 side event, international and Ukrainian experts will discuss frameworks, technologies, policies, and practical steps toward a sustainable reconstruction of infrastructure and built environment after conflicts and disasters.
COP 28 Side Event | Canadian Leadership on Oil and Gas Phase-Out
This COP 28 side event showcases progress to date on phasing out oil and gas production in Canada.
COP 28 Side Event | Advancing International Cooperation and Knowledge Exchange for Implementing Just Energy Transitions in Coal Regions
This COP 28 side event will discuss how partnerships foster collaboration and knowledge exchange across countries and how the new Just Energy Transition in Coal Regions Knowledge Hub can serve as a digital ‘one-stop shop’ on just energy transition.
COP 28 Halfway Point Webinar
Catch up on progress from the first week of COP 28 in Dubai and learn what to watch in the second week of the climate conference.