Sustainable Infrastructure: Valuing the cost of risks
At the heart of this event is our Sustainable Asset Valuation (SAVi), an assessment methodology that helps governments and investors steer capital towards sustainable infrastructure.
About the meeting
Governments, investors and citizens continue to debate on the added value of sustainable infrastructure.
- Does sustainable infrastructure systematically bring more value for money?
- Are the financial returns of sustainable infrastructure more attractive than businessas-usual alternatives?
- Does sustainable infrastructure reduce risks across the project life cycle? How can we calculate the costs of these risks?
- We agree that infrastructure is a prerequisite for realising the UN Sustainable Development Goals. We also agree that infrastructure done right, can trigger sustainability improvements across a host of industries. How can we value these benefits?
- How can simulation be used to provide responses to the above questions?
UNEP, the International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD), the MAVA Foundation and the Geneva Environment Network (GEN) are organising this event to debate on the early track record of the Sustainable Asset Valuation, SAVi.
March 19, 2019
International Environment House II
Chemin de Balexert 7 - 9, 1219 Vernier, Switzerland