Marina works on policy solutions for successful freshwater management, particularly in the Lake Winnipeg watershed.
Marina has worked extensively in public policy research with the Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives, where she interpreted government policies and analyzed data, delivering recommendations for government. She has assisted on many projects in partnership with organizations such as the Southern First Nations Network of Care and the Truth and Reconciliation Commission, and holds masters degrees in economics from the universities of Manitoba and Moscow.
- How and Why the U.S. EPA Is Changing its Policy on Mercury President Trump wants to loosen the US EPA's regulations on mercury. We explore what the proposed changes are, why they would be a mistake and how they could affect the lives of Americans and even Canadians.
- How the U.S. EPA is Changing its Mercury Policy We explain how President Trump wants the EPA to changes its policies on mercury, and how it could impact the United States and potentially Canada.
- Advancing Natural Infrastructure in Canada: A forum report The Advancing Natural Infrastructure in Canada forum convened Canadian experts to discuss how natural infrastructure can build climate-resilient cities/landscapes. This report highlights forum presentations, discussions, insights and next steps.
- Case Study Research on Offsets for Water Quality Management This case study research examines six water quality trading/offset programs from Canada, the United States and New Zealand and provides lessons relevant to offsetting nutrients, specifically phosphorus and nitrogen, in Manitoba.
- Why Public Policy Matters When It Comes to Gender Equality for Sustainable Development Cold statistics on gender equality in government reveal only part of the story; the cultures and processes behind the stats can teach us much more about where we are headed.
- Adaptive and Inclusive Watershed Management: Assessing policy and institutional support in Kenya This report explores existing institutional linkages between gender, water and climate change in Kenya.
- Adaptive and Inclusive Watershed Management: Assessing policy and institutional support in Uganda This report looks at how Uganda’s various institutions and policies incorporate climate change and gender considerations into planning, budgeting and monitoring in the water sector.