SAVi can be used across the infrastructure cycle to value the costs of risks and the costs of emerging risks.
Determine infrastructure needs.
Develop infrastructure policies.
Apply SAVi to existing projects and portfolios to understand their risk profile and inform future investment decisions.
Conduct pre-feasibility study.
Undertake preliminary market sounding.
Use SAVi to identify projects that are:
- Well prepared and minimize risks across the project life cycle.
- Contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Position in project pipelines and master plans.
Use SAVi to screen for environmental, social and governance risks.
Undertake preparation of project:
- Technical feasibility study
- Demand forecast
- Revenue forecast
- Cost–benefit analyses
- Environment and social impact assessment
- Phase 1 of financial structuring
- Preliminary risk allocation
- Launch design competitions
Use SAVi to assess a wide range of immediate and future risks. Also use SAVi to identify and understand externalities that can become risks in the medium and longer terms.
Screen for delivery as a public–private partnership (PPP) or publicly funded project:
- Public Sector Comparator
- Determine value for money (VfM)
If better VfM can be realized through PPP:
- Advance financial structuring
- Determine payment mechanisms
- Develop scenarios on optimal risk allocation
If better VfM can be obtained as a publicly funded project …
Complete project preparation.
Complete financial structuring.
Embark on procurement phase:
- Market consultation
- Develop request for proposals, determine technical specifications and award criteria
- Launch tender
- Evaluate bids and shortlist suppliers
- Competitive dialogue (in case of complex projects)
- Award tender
- Financial closure
Use SAVi to prepare bids that increase sustainability performance and reduce risks across the project’s life cycle.
Undertake contracting, obtain necessary permits and clearances.
Use SAVi to negotiate contracts that reward sustainability performance.
Manage contracts during construction and operation.
Refinance after the construction phase.