GSI International Civil Society Dialogue: Building a Network for Action on Fossil-Fuel Subsidies
London—1-2nd September—The Global Subsidies Initiative is coordinating an international dialogue with civil society organisations (CSOs) on fossil-fuel subsidies, ahead of the Climate Summit in New York.
This two-day dialogue will be a chance for non-governmental organizations, civil society groups, consumer associations, foundations and research institutions to come together to learn more and plan how to support governments in efforts towards fossil-fuel subsidy reform at international and national levels. The workshop will develop non-governmental organizations’ role in providing information about the impacts of reform, building the case for reform outside government offices and working to capture tangible gains for the population from the process of reform.
More than 60 participants from 24 countries from across the world have confirmed their participation and are joining the dialogue. The agenda includes breakout sessions on various topics and aims to capture the policy developments on fossil fuel subsidy from across the globe.
Results and outcomes of the dialogue include:
- Opportunity for CSOs to learn more and share information about fossil-fuel subsidies and reform from around the world.
- Opportunity for action planning between CSOs around fossil-fuel subsidies and their reform.
- A report (including final meeting report), which will include recommendations for strengthening cooperation among CSOs going forward.
- An ongoing network or coalition for information exchange, communication and collaboration between CSOs.
- One video short produced about CSO work around the social and environmental impacts of reform that can be used online, along with social media communications throughout the conference.
You can see the full agenda here.
For more information about the event, please contact [email protected].