Voluntary Sustainability Standards in South Asia: A focus on the cotton sector in Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka
We hosted a public webinar to discuss the findings from the report: Voluntary Sustainability Standards in South Asia: A focus on the cotton sector in Bangladesh, India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
The research maps voluntary sustainability standards (VSSs) criteria and market potential and explores how VSSs can help address three major sustainability issues: pest management, water conservation, and farmers’ incomes and prices.
- Sara Elder, Senior Policy Advisor, IISD
- Vivek Voora, Senior Associate, IISD
- Florencia Sarmiento, Policy Analyst, IISD
- Hardeep Desai, Head of Farm Operations, Cotton Connect
- Zahid Hussain, Farmer Representative, CABI
- Tassawar Hussain Malik, Director of Research, Pakistan Central Cotton Committee, Ministry of National Food Security & Research, Pakistan