Investing in Sustainable Agriculture: How credible voluntary schemes can support
The need to transition towards a sustainable agricultural sector is now undeniable. Addressing both the climate and poverty crises will require farming that is both more sustainable and profitable. Such a transformation requires large-scale financial investment to manage risk, incentivize a change in practices, and support millions of farming communities to make the shift.
Voluntary sustainability standards are a strong catalyst for embedding good agricultural practices within smallholder communities in many key sectors. This learning event, hosted by Evidensia, in partnership with IISD, will explore the question:
- To what extent can voluntary sustainability standards act as a catalyst to ramp up sustainable finance and investment in this sector?
The webinar will also draw on insights from IISD’s new review on Standards and Investment in Sustainable Agriculture. Speakers include lead researchers on the review and practitioners from finance and sustainability standards bodies to explore next steps in supporting future action in this space.
Date: Thursday, May 26, 2022
Time: 9:00am EST / 3:00pm CET
- Cristina Larrea, Lead II, Sustainability Standards, IISD
- Vivek Voora, Senior Associate, IISD
- Dieter Fischer, Lead for Agribusiness Advisory Services in Latin America and the Carribean at IFC – International Finance Corporation
- Edward Millard, Senior Advisor, Program Strategy and Development, Rainforest Alliance
- Ana Lopez, Investment Officer at Conservation International Ventures