Sustainable Infrastructure in Africa
IISD will present the Sustainable Asset Valuation (SAVi) tool on March 14 to international contractors, project developers and financiers at the Sustainable Infrastructure in Africa: Peer-Learning and Business Development workshop.
Sustainable infrastructure is key to achieving the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). This is why SAVi demonstrations focus on how sustainable infrastructure can deliver better value for money for citizens and investors, helping governments and investors steer capital toward sustainable infrastructure.
The workshop, held in Ethiopia, will consist of up to 40 participants, largely from Africa, China and Germany, including:
- Representatives from the China International Contractors Association (CHINCA) and member companies
- Representatives from various stakeholders from African countries and the Africa Union
- German business and government representatives
- Participants from multilateral development banks and the financial sector
- International sustainability tool providers and standard setters
Our presentation at this workshop will help participants navigate existing sustainable infrastructure tools and inform their investment decisions. Laurin Wuennenberg, Researcher – Innovation, IISD, will present alongside Lorena Zemp, Director, Global Infrastructure Basel.
March 14, 2019