Empowerment for Inclusive Climate Action and Decision-Making
Advancing women’s leadership and decision-making is crucial for successful responses to the challenges posed by climate change.
This COP 23 event will explore themes such as women’s empowerment, inclusive and gender-sensitive policies, and innovative practices to advance gender-responsive climate action.
Wednesday, 15 November, 15:00-16:30
Meeting Room 7, Bonn Zone, COP 23
- Anne Hammill, Director, Resilience, International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD) & NAP Global Network
- Kerricia Hobson, Project Manager, Ministry of Agriculture, Lands, Forestry, Fisheries & the Environment, Grenada (TBC)
- Winnie Lichuma, Chairperson, National Gender and Equality Commission, Kenya and African Working Group on Gender and Climate Change
- Sheila Oparaocha, ENERGIA International Coordinator and Programme Manager
- Peter Wooders, Director, Energy, IISD/Global Subsidies Initiative
- Daniel Morchain, Global Adviser, Climate Change Adaptation, Oxfam
- Angie Dazé, Associate, Resilience, IISD/NAP Global Network
- Julie Dekens, Senior Researcher, Resilience, IISD
November 15, 2017
Meeting Room 7
UNFCCC Secretariat in Bonn, Germany