15th IGF Annual General Meeting
The Intergovernmental Forum on Mining, Minerals, Metals, and Sustainable Development (IGF) is hosting their Annual General Meeting (AGM) October 7 to 11, 2019, at the Palais des Nations in Geneva.
This year will focus on Mining in a Changing Climate.
The AGM is a unique opportunity to engage with government officials from the IGF’s 70+ member nations and representatives from industry, civil society, international organizations, and academia. It provides a global forum to engage with top experts in the field and to learn about the latest developments in efforts to leverage mining for sustainable development.
The AGM will include climate-related sessions that cover a broad range of topics, including:
- Artisinal and Small-scale Mining (ASM) Minerals for Disaster Reconstruction
- Circular Economy: Repurposing Mine Tailings
- Climate Change Adaptation in the Mining Sector
- European Partnership for Responsible Minerals (EPRM)
- Gendered Climate Impacts and Policies
- Government Strategies for Low Carbon Minerals
- Green Mine of the Future
- Impacts and Policies Implications of a Changing Climate on Mining
- Key Drivers and Policy Frameworks for Renewables
- Managing Coal Mine Closure
- Stranded Assets in the Mining Sector
The AGM will also cover a range of other important topics including: ASM strategy and formalization; best practices in environmental and social impact assessments; innovation and technology; harmonizing voluntary sustainability initiatives; local content policies; case studies in mine closure and post-mining transition; and tax base erosion and profit shifting.
The IGF Secretariat would like to thank UNCTAD for hosting our 15th AGM.
October 7-11, 2019
Palais des Nations