BUILD UP THE SITE: Centre for Climate & Lake Learning
Because tomorrow needs YOU today
To meet growing interest in IISD-ELA from scientists, researchers, and students, we need a new home. Canada’s first Centre for Climate & Lake Learning will be a place where kids from across Canada can get their hands wet, where local Indigenous communities can gather and share knowledge, and where the future of freshwater research will come to life.
The Campus Renewal Initiative is designed to ensure that IISD-ELA’s unique contribution to this research can thrive for years to come. Your gift will support a $10 million initiative that includes:
- $11 million for the 10,000-square-foot Centre for Climate & Lake Learning.
- $2.5 million for additional lodging to accommodate more scientists, teachers, and students.
- $1.5 million to fund the construction of a state-of-the-art solar array to replace traditional power sources with clean energy.
- If you would like more information or have any questions, please reach out to Erin Bend at [email protected].
- To donate by cheque, make the cheque payable to IISD Experimental Lakes Area (with the memo notation “IISD-ELA Endowment Fund”) and mail to: Attn: Philanthropy; IISD Experimental Lakes Area; 325-111 Lombard Avenue; Winnipeg, MB; R3B 0T4
- If you’d like IISD-ELA’s securities transfer form, e-transfer details, or to make a credit card gift over the phone, please contact Cody Sellar at [email protected].
- Note that our CRA Registered Charity Number is 850309576RR0001.