Infrastructure Guarantee Fund
The Brazilian Guarantees and Fund Managements Agency (ABGF) is a guarantee facility supported by the Brazilian federal government. The ABGF manages the Infrastructure Guarantee Fund to guarantee, directly or indirectly, any risks of infrastructure projects, including non-manageable risks related to concessions.
Eligible Projects and Transactions
- “Large infrastructure projects in the Growth Acceleration Program or strategic plans defined by the Executive Branch.
- Shipbuilding financing projects.
- Credit operations for the civil aircraft sector.
- Projects resulting from public–private partnerships in the form of Law 11,079 of 30 December 2004, including those organized by States or the Federal District, subject to the provisions of Article 8.
- Other strategic programs linked to infrastructure operations defined by the Executive Branch.
- Projects for total or partial construction of canal locks or other level crossing mechanisms.” (see website)