Eco-labeling : resources
- The Global Ecolabelling Network
International association of eco-labeling organizations, set up to promote and improve labeling
- Environmental labeling issues, policies and practices worldwide
A review by the US Environmental Protection Agency's Office of Pollution Prevention & Toxics
- Eco-labeling for South Africa?
News about a feasibility study under way by South Africa's National Economic Development and Labour Council
- Nordic Swan
The official eco-label in Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland and Iceland
- Green Seal
An independent, non-profit organization in the USA that sets environmental standards, conducts product reviews and awards eco-labels
- Energy Star
A scheme organized by the US Environmental Protection Agency to identify energy-efficient consumer and business products
- The Environmental Choice Program
Canada's national ecolabeling program, which certifies 'green' products and services in more than a dozen categories
- Eldis - the gateway to development information
Articles covering eco-labelling from a variety of viewpoints including consumers, producers, certifiers, networks, trade, and developing countries.
- Eco-Labeling: Actual Effects of Selected Programmes
Examines the trade and environmental effects of a selection of eco-labelling programmes operating in OECD countries
- A review of ecolabelling programmes
Paper reviewing the literature on labeling and considering the impact of eco-labeling
- Eco-labelling: overview and implications for developing countries
This policy brief attempts to provide a brief introduction to eco-labelling and some of its implications for developing countries.