Corporate social responsibility (CSR) : resources
- The Centre for Corporate Citizenship at Boston College
Research and training organization whose services include an online diagnostic tool for informally assessing a company's community involvement
- The Tellus Institute
Think-tank offering tools and strategies for sustainable business
- Business for Social Responsibility
A global organization promoting sustainable business practices, with 14,000 member and affiliated companies
- The European Business Campaign on Corporate Social Responsibility
A European industry initiative that aims 'to mobilise 500,000 business people and partners to integrate CSR into their core business by 2005'
- Business in the Community: Impact on Society
A network of 700-plus businesses in the UK - including three-quarters of the FTSE 100 list - committed to improving their impact on society.
- oekom Research
German research organization that specializes in 'CSR ratings' of individual companies, based on both environmental and social performance
- Benchmarking Sustainability in the European Car Industry
A study of sustainability practices among Europe's seven largest carmakers, which ranked BMW and Volkswagen as 'best in class'
- MAALA - Business for Social Responsibility in Israel
Non-profit organization which promotes CSR among Israel's business community
- The London Sustainability Exchange (LSx)
Business consortium set up in 2001 to share CSR good practice among London's corporate community
- The Canadian Centre for Ethics & Corporate Policy
Charitable organization established to champion ethical values in business decision-making
- Canadian Business for Social Responsibility
CBSR is a not-for-profit membership organization of Canadian Business committed to developing, sharing and implementing corporate social responsibility (CSR)
- MHC International
Consultancy offering a simple self-assessment test to measure how socially responsible your company is
- The Corporate Citizenship Company
Offers benchmarking, social and economic impact assessment, international issues management, community programme evaluation, and reporting.
- The Conference Board of Canada
Offers extensive knowledge and support to business in the areas of CSR.
- Association of British Insurers
A 2001 report by the ABI explaining why a commitment to CSR makes good business sense
- Arguments against CSR
A selection of arguments and counter-arguments, from Mallen Baker's CSR website
- The SoL Sustainability Consortium
A group of business leaders with a vision of sustainability as a driver of business success, based at Massachusetts Institute of Technology