Communications Manager, IISD Experimental Lakes Area
Sumeep Bath is the Communications Manager for IISD Experimental Lakes Area—the world's freshwater laboratory—and IISD's Water program more broadly.
He manages all media outreach, social media, and communications products for that program, to ensure that the world knows all about how IISD Experimental Lakes Area does freshwater science like nowhere else, why it should matter to you, and how we can translate that science into policy that matters.
Sumeep has been working for several years in the communications field, including for the Embassy of Argentina in London, and for the Press and Public Diplomacy Section of the Delegation of the European Union to the USA in Washington, D.C.
He speaks fluent English, Spanish and French.
- Manitoba's Biomass Fuel: Protecting our environment and saving us moneyBiomass is a viable, abundant and environmentally sound source of renewable energy in Manitoba. This is what we need to do to make it a major renewable energy player in the province.
- How to Best Manage Water Retention Sites to Protect Manitoba's EnvironmentWater retention sites—vital for protecting Manitoba from floods—must be well managed so Manitobans can enjoy the abundance of additional environmental benefits they can bring.
- Exploring What Oil Spills Do to Fresh WaterYou may be surprised to learn that we actually know very little about what happens to fresh water systems when an oil spill occurs. That’s why IISD Experimental Lakes Area is planning a large project to answer those very questions.
- Opening Our Doors: IISD Experimental Lakes Area 2015-2016 Annual Report2015-2016 was the year that IISD Experimental Lakes Area (IISD-ELA) truly opened its doors to the world.
- IISD Experimental Lakes Area and Climate Change brochureIISD Experimental Lakes Area brings a 47 year (1969–present) history of monitoring climate, water quality and fisheries in a unique whole-ecosystem laboratory setting.
- Eliminate Fossil Fuel Subsidies & Fund Adaptation to Curb Climate Change (English/French) Catherine McKenna, minister for the Environment and Climate Change asked us what we think needs...
- IISD Experimental Lakes Area (brochure)Want to know more about IISD Experimental Lakes Area—the world's freshwater laboratory? Take a look at our brochure!
- CRiSTAL Parks: User experiencesProtected areas are essential for biodiversity and vital to the communities who depend on them....
- Telling Our Stories, Writing Our Future 2013-14 IISD Annual ReportIISD's 2013-2014 annual report tells some of the many stories of how we have...