Director, SDG Knowledge
Dr. Livia Bizikova is Director, Knowledge for Integrated Decisions, with experience in the fields of sustainable development, scenario development, participatory planning and integrated assessment.
She works with diverse stakeholders: decision-makers at various levels; agencies including the United Nations Environment Program, the United Nations Development Program and the World Bank; and countries including Canada, Ghana, Uganda, Kenya, Mozambique, Tajikistan, China, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Honduras and Nicaragua.
Livia Bizikova is currently on leave.
- Can We Measure Resilience? Reducing Agriculture’s Vulnerability to Climate ChangeThirty-six indicators make up this framework to promote resilience to climate change impacts and vulnerabilities in Canadian agriculture.
- Cities - The engines for implementing the Sustainable Development GoalsCities play a critical role in advancing sustainability through the actual implementation of solutions that bring together the social, environmental and economic aspects of development.
- Indicator Preferences in National Reporting of Progress Toward the Sustainable Development GoalsThe Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are intended to offer an ambitious and transformational agenda for our common future through 2030. In this brief, we review countries’ voluntary reviews to the HLPF to identify the indicators that countries have actually been using in their reports to date, and data attached to those indicators.
- Private Investments and Agriculture: The importance of integrating sustainability into planning and implementationRecently, we have seen an increase in large-scale investment into agriculture. An important policy question is to what extent these large-scale agricultural investment contribute to improving local livelihoods, as well as economic and environmental conditions.
- Ending Hunger: What would it cost?The International Institute for Sustainable Development and the International Food Policy Research Institute joined forces to estimate what it would cost to end hunger, and the contribution that donors need to make.
- Bottom-up Accountability for Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs): Are subnational indicator systems aligned?This briefing note evaluates, as a test case, alignment between subnational sustainable development indicators and the new Sustainable Development Goal indicators.