Policy Advisor, Geneva 2030 Ecosystem
Kali Taylor leads the Geneva 2030 Ecosystem initiative under IISD's Tracking Progress program. This initiative promotes collaboration and initiatives for Geneva-based actors focused on SDG implementation. IISD has partnered closely with the UNOG SDG Lab to fulfill this vision and, as such, Kali is seconded part-time to the UN Office at Geneva, representing non-governmental organizations' (NGO) viewpoints and providing expertise on systems change and innovation best practice.
Prior to joining IISD, Kali co-founded and ran a youth-focused NGO that works on energy and climate issues called Student Energy. She has also completed an internship with the Green Growth Knowledge Platform, a joint initiative between the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), the World Bank and the Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) for advancing the green economy.
In her early career, Kali held a number of positions in the energy industry focused on climate change and sustainability, including assessing policy regimes and technological options for climate mitigation. She holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree from the University of Calgary specialized in Energy Management and a Graduate Diploma in Social Innovation from the University of Waterloo.
- Launching the Sustainable Finance Map of GenevaA new map of sustainable finance players in Geneva could be a vital tool to scaling up funding for the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Davos, Sustainable Development and an Open MindWhat did a sustainable development professional take away from mingling with the billionaires, world leaders, technocrats and financiers of Davos?
- Developing Future Leaders: Meet Kali Taylor, a Global ShaperWe check in with Kali Taylor, who has just been named a "Global Shaper," to learn more about the Global Shapers program and what she hopes it will bring for her, both personally and professionally.
- Why Innovation Is Critical to Achieving the Sustainable Development Goals The SDGs are interconnected and complex. We are working to tackle that problem head-on while developing innovative approaches to achieving them.
- Creating the Space for SDG Innovation: A Geneva case studyWhat role should innovation be playing in sustainable development? We look at an example of its application: the Geneva 2030 Ecosystem under our SDG Knowledge Program.