Daniella Echeverría is a Project Manager for IISD and works with the Energy program. Previously, Daniella has worked for the Manitoba Council for International Cooperation, participating in the coordination, organization and administration of MCIC’s Manitoba Government Matching Grant Program (MGMGP) overseas funding and partner organizations, as well as researching environmental, fair trade, and poverty alleviation-related issues.
- Economic Instruments to Leverage Clean Energy Investment There is widespread recognition that the bulk of the investment needed to meet the Paris...
- Fossil Fuel Subsidy Reform and the Just Transition: Integrating approaches for complementary outcomesThis paper goes into detail about the various ways in which FFSR can be consistent with just transition. The scale of current fossil fuel subsidies in the world coupled with the massive financial needs for transition are early indicators of the benefits of approaching FFSR with just transition in mind.
- Cities and Smart Grids in CanadaThis report looks specifically at smart grids within the context of grid modernization and urban settings in Canada.
- North American Energy Integration: Assessing oil and gas policy issues ahead of NAFTA renegotiationMexico, Canada and the United States stand to benefit from increasing energy sector interconnectedness and coordination. What key environmental and fiscal policy areas related to oil and gas development provide opportunities for further harmonization?
- Costing Energy and Fossil Fuel Subsidies in Nunavut: A mapping exerciseThis report, entitled Costing Energy and Fossil Fuel Subsidies in Nunavut, was commissioned by World Wildlife Fund Canada and undertaken by the International Institute for Sustainable Development.