Anika is a Project Officer for IISD and works with the Resilience and Energy programs. Her work has focused on the green economy, Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), Intended Nationally Determined Contributions (INDCs), North American climate change mitigation policies, as well as adaptation and resilience-building in developing countries and Canada. Her previous work in sustainable development includes experience in the Manitoba Eco-Network’s Water and Climate Change program and as a member of the Manitoba Roundtable for Sustainable Development. Anika was also an accredited Youth Delegate to the UNFCCC COP 17 in Durban, South Africa. Anika’s international training has given her strong intercultural experience that supports her work with diverse teams.
- Eight Ways Cities Are Building Climate ResilienceClimate change will have serious impacts for cities. In coming decades, building resilience will...
- How Are Vulnerable Countries Adapting to Climate Change?How are vulnerable countries managing the impacts of climate change? Here is an overview of the trends that emerged from a review of 15 developing countries—along with our key takeaways.
- Trends in Adaptation Planning: Observations from a recent stock-taking reviewThis brief provides an overview of observed trends in adaptation action that emerged from a standardized review of efforts in 15 African and Asian countries.
- Taking Stock of Adaptation Progress: Some lessons and challengesOn November 4, the international community celebrated as the Paris Agreement came into effect.
- Making Every Drop Count: Pakistan’s growing water scarcity challengeCan climate change risks spur needed action?
- sNAPshot: Grenada's Approach to Initiating Sector Integration of Adaptation ConsiderationsNo single approach to integrating climate adaptation considerations into sector planning exists...
- sNAPshot: Philippines's Approach to Initiating Sector Integration of Adaptation ConsiderationsThis sNAPshot looks at how the Philippines initiated sectoral integration of climate change adaptation considerations, and how this compares with approaches that other countries are
- New Study Sheds Light on Energy Sector’s Responses to Extreme Weather EventsHow was the energy sector in Canada affected by recent extreme weather events? How prepared was the sector to address these impacts?
- Extreme Climate Events and the Energy Sector in the Souris River Basin: Key stakeholder perspectivesImpacts of and responses to recent extreme weather events by the energy sector and local municipalities in the Souris River Basin.
- Fiscal Instruments in INDCs: How countries are looking to fiscal policies to support INDC implementationCountries are increasingly turning to the use of fiscal instruments to support low-carbon development and efforts to reduce emissions.