Project Manager, Resilience
Anika is a Project Manager for IISD and works with the Resilience and Energy programs. Her work has focused on the green economy, Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), Intended Nationally Determined Contributions (INDCs), North American climate change mitigation policies, as well as adaptation and resilience-building in developing countries and Canada. Her previous work in sustainable development includes experience in the Manitoba Eco-Network’s Water and Climate Change program and as a member of the Manitoba Roundtable for Sustainable Development. Anika was also an accredited Youth Delegate to the UNFCCC COP 17 in Durban, South Africa. Anika’s international training has given her strong intercultural experience that supports her work with diverse teams.
- Safeguarding NDC Implementation: Building resilience into energy systemsThis short brief aims to enhance awareness and highlight the importance of integrating weather and climate-related risk into the planning stages of energy infrastructure development.
- Alignment to Advance Climate-Resilient Development This is the first in a series of briefs focusing on alignment of country efforts under the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, the Paris Agreement and the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction.
- sNAPshot: Albania’s Approach to Integrating Adaptation into Domestic BudgetingBuilding on an earlier overview brief on domestic public finance options for NAPs, this sNAPshot takes a closer look at how Albania is integrating climate adaptation into its medium-term budget process.
- Building a Climate-Resilient City: Disaster preparedness and emergency managementThis policy brief examines the potential implications of climate change for disaster preparedness and emergency management in Alberta’s cities, and presents options by which the resilience of these systems may be enhanced.
- Building a Climate-Resilient City: Urban ecosystemsThis policy brief focuses on measures related to urban ecosystems that cities can take to build their resilience to climate change.
- sNAPshot: Grenada's Approach to Initiating Sector Integration of Adaptation ConsiderationsNo single approach to integrating climate adaptation considerations into sector planning exists...