Angie Dazé has been an Associate with IISD’s resilience program since 2014. Her work focuses on policy and practice related to climate change adaptation and resilience building. This includes analysis, guidance and technical support for National Adaptation Plan (NAP) processes through the NAP Global Network, whose Secretariat is hosted by IISD. She co-leads the Network’s work on gender-responsive NAP processes, including technical assistance to countries, analysis and development of practical tools for integrating gender considerations in NAP processes. In addition, Angie coordinates programs of technical support for the NAP processes in Ethiopia and South Africa.
Past projects include research and development of tools and guidance on different aspects of resilience, such as migration and conservation, ecosystem-based adaptation and the role of financial services in supporting climate risk management. She has extensive experience providing training and capacity building on adaptation, resilience, gender and related topics. Angie’s past work includes positions with CARE, the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) and Natural Resources Canada.
- Toolkit for a Gender-Responsive Process to Formulate and Implement National Adaptation Plans (NAPs)This toolkit is designed to support country efforts to pursue a gender-responsive national adaptation plan (NAP) process. It offers a flexible approach, recognizing that there are opportunities to integrate gender considerations regardless of where you are in the NAP process.
- Towards Gender-Responsive NAP Processes: Progress and Recommendations for the Way ForwardThis report presents an analysis of progress on integrating gender responsive considerations in NAP processes. While there is no single approach to gender inequality and the linkages to climate change adaptation planning, implementation and M&E, countries often face similar challenges.
- Review of Current and Planned Adaptation Action in GhanaThis report summarizes the climate risks and vulnerable sectors in Ghana, providing an overview of climate change adaptation policies and initiatives that have been introduced at the national and sub-national levels.
- Review of Current and Planned Adaptation Action in TajikistanThis report summarizes the climate risks and vulnerable sectors in Tajikistan, providing an overview of policies and initiatives introduced in response at the national and sub-national levels.
- Human Migration and Ecosystems: Insights from the Great Lakes Region of East and Central AfricaFor centuries, people in east and central Africa have used migration as a strategy to respond to...