Angie Dazé has been an Associate with IISD’s resilience program since 2014. Her work focuses on policy and practice related to climate change adaptation and resilience building. This includes analysis, guidance and technical support for National Adaptation Plan (NAP) processes through the NAP Global Network, whose Secretariat is hosted by IISD. She co-leads the Network’s work on gender-responsive NAP processes, including technical assistance to countries, analysis and development of practical tools for integrating gender considerations in NAP processes. In addition, Angie coordinates programs of technical support for the NAP processes in Ethiopia and South Africa.
Past projects include research and development of tools and guidance on different aspects of resilience, such as migration and conservation, ecosystem-based adaptation and the role of financial services in supporting climate risk management. She has extensive experience providing training and capacity building on adaptation, resilience, gender and related topics. Angie’s past work includes positions with CARE, the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) and Natural Resources Canada.
- Alignment to Advance Climate-Resilient Development: Overview Brief 1 Introduction to AlignmentThis is the first in a series of briefs focusing on alignment of country efforts under the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, the Paris Agreement and the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction.
- sNAPshot: Linking sectoral adaptation planning processes at national and subnational levels: Lessons from SenegalThis sNAPshot takes a closer look at Senegal’s approach to vertical integration, the process of linking national and sub-national adaptation planning through the National Adaptation Plan (NAP) process.
- A Framework for Gender-Responsive National Adaptation Plan (NAP) ProcessesThis brief discusses gender equality in the context of the formulation and implementation of National Adaptation Plans (NAPs).
- sNAPshot | Developing Capacity for Subnational Adaptation Action in the Republic of the SudanThis sNAPshot policy brief explores Sudan's approach to developing capacity for subnational adaptation action, which supports the National Adaptation Plan (NAP) process.
- sNAPshot | Information Sharing for Adaptation Planning at Subnational Levels: South Africa's Let's Respond ToolkitThis sNAPshot policy brief explores South Africa's approach to information sharing in the National Adaptation Plan (NAP) process to promote vertical integration, which is the process of linking national and subnational adaptation planning, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation.
- sNAPshot: Getting Started on Vertical IntegrationThis sNAPshot policy brief from the NAP Global Network introduces the topic of vertical integration, the process of linking national and sub-national adaptation planning through the National Adaptation Plan (NAP) process.