Fantastic Training Opportunity for Young Professionals in Winnipeg
The Winnipeg Sustainability Leaders Program is an innovative course designed to develop leadership for the green economy in Manitoba. The program will focus on the business case for sustainability, highlight sustainable leadership and innovation in Manitoba, and examine what leadership means and how individuals can make change happen.
Learn more and register by February 12, 2014, at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WSL2014program
IISD believes it is necessary to build the capacity of emerging professionals to address global issues about the environment, economy and the well being of people. These young leaders will become the decision-makers, creating and implementing policies that will affect future generations. IISD’s Leadership Programs give young people entry to (and experience with) key sustainable development organizations around the world, providing the foundation for a career in sustainable development policy and practice as well as the opportunity to make meaningful contributions to global sustainability.
The four core elements of the SLIC Programs are:
- Substance: Knowledge of sustainable development issues to provide a common basis for understanding dialogue and action.
- Skills Development Training: Modules include cross cultural communications, conflict resolution, network management, fundraising, leadership for sustainable development, teambuilding/team work, project management, facilitation skills and tools for change.
- Internships: Hands-on, international experience with leading sustainable development institutions and exposure to relevant experts.
- Networks: Our alumni program builds a long-term community of peer support for participants as they take on new leadership challenges in government, business and civil society.
Unfortuantely we are not offering a 2013-2014 international internship program. For further internship and job opportunities please see our resources page.
Learn more about the SLIC Internship Programs, their benefits for young professionals and about the host organizations.
“This program is fantastic. It has allowed me to witness challenges in Egypt and develop a passion for sustainable development. This work is challenging, rewarding and leads to personal growth, I would recommend it to anyone.”
- Rada Vukovic , LSF Alumni
If you have questions or require further information, please contact
Pauline Gerrard, Training Coordinator, International Institute for Sustainable Development
161 Portage Avenue East, 6th Floor
Canada R3B 0Y4
Tel.: (204) 958-7727
Fax: (204) 958-7710