Investment Treaty News Quarterly (ITN), Volume 8, Issue 1, March 2017
Investment Treaty News is IISD’s flagship quarterly journal on international investment law and policy.
- The Power to Conclude the New Generation of EU FTAs: AG Sharpston in Opinion 2/15, by Laurens Ankersmit
- Can Bolivian State-Owned Companies Submit to International Arbitration? Analyzing Bolivia’s Intricate Legal Framework on Foreign Investment, by José Carlos Bernal Rivera
- The Settlement of Investment Disputes: A Discussion of Democratic Accountability and the Public Interest, by Lise Johnson and Brooke Skartvedt Guven
Summaries and analysis of recent arbitration awards and decisions:
- ICSID tribunal dismisses claims brought against Indonesia based on forged mining licences (Churchill Mining PLC and Planet Mining Pty Ltd v. Republic of Indonesia, ICSID Case No. ARB/12/14 and ICSID Case No. ARB/12/40), by Inaê Siqueira de Oliveira
- Renco failed to comply with formal waiver requirement under U.S.–Peru Trade Promotion Agreement (Renco Group Inc. v Republic of Peru, UNCT/13/1), by María Florencia Sarmiento
- Pac Rim v. El Salvador: all claims dismissed; OceanaGold to pay US$8 million in costs (Pac Rim Cayman LLC v. Republic of El Salvador, ICSID, Case No. ARB/09/12), by Martin Dietrich Brauch
- NAFTA tribunal orders Canada to pay U.S. wind power developer more than CAD28 million (Windstream Energy LLC v. Government of Canada, PCA Case No. 2013-22), by Matthew Levine
- PCA tribunal dismisses expropriation and FET claims concerning an eco-touristic venture (Peter A. Allard v. The Government of Barbados, PCA Case No. 2012-06), by Amr Arafa Hasaan
Visit www.iisd.org/itn for back issues of ITN, as well as news updates.