WEBINAR | Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) in the National Adaptation Plan (NAP) Process
How are countries developing national monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems for adaptation?
M&E of adaptation aims to track progress in implementing adaptation interventions, and/or how these interventions are reducing vulnerability, improving adaptive capacity, and supporting the overall well-being of populations affected by the impacts of climate change. As more and more governments move from raising awareness for the necessity of adaptation to developing and implementing adaptation plans and policies—including the National Adaptation Plan (NAP) process—M&E of adaptation at the national level is gaining importance.
WATCH A RECORDING OF THIS WEBINAR
The webinar agenda was as follows:
- Introduction to the NAP Global Network and key opportunities and challenges related to M&E for adaptation (Dr. Angélica V. Ospina, NAP Global Network Secretariat)
- Overview of guidebook “Developing National Adaptation Monitoring and Evaluation Systems” (Timo Leiter, GIZ)
- Country experience with M&E of adaptation in South Africa (Dr. Tsepang Makholela, Department of Environmental Affairs, South Africa)
- Next steps and closing
About the NAP Global Network’s Webinar Series
The NAP Global Network’s webinar series provides an online forum for sharing lessons and experiences that are emerging as countries progress through their NAP processes. Each webinar addresses a specific technical topic related to national adaptation planning through presentations of countries’ experiences, relevant research and guidance, and opportunities for discussion by participants.
Watch recordings and read presentations from our past webinars:
- Sector Integration in the NAP Process
- Vertical Integration in NAP Processes: Linking national and sub-national adaptation
Stay tuned for details on upcoming webinars in our series, including webinars on financing the NAP process covering domestic public finance, international public finance and private sector finance.
Watch a recording