Our Issue Experts
Yanick’s research focuses on fossil fuel subsidy reform in Canada, climate change and energy policy, international climate change talks under the United Nations, climate finance and capacity building, and carbon pricing mechanisms.Yanick’s recent projects include participating in the development of Morocco’s INDC and of two guidebooks to the UNFCCC negotiations for French-speaking negotiators (COP 21, Paris; COP 22, Marrakech), published by the Organisation Internationale de la Francophonie (OIF). Yanick also provided Strategic advice for Green Climate Fund accreditation to a regional development bank and a national development bank (confidential clients). This effort included full support (including analysis of gaps in policies and procedures to meet the GCF requirements and a strategy to fill those gaps) until the submission of a completed application to the GCF. Yanick is fluent in English and French.
- Meeting Canada's Subsidy Phase-Out Goal: What it means in QuebecIISD takes a preliminary look at consumer fossil fuel subsidies in Quebec, which it estimates at roughly CAD 270 million in 2015.
- Meeting Canada's Subsidy Phase-Out Goal: What it means in SaskatchewanThis commentary takes a very preliminary look at consumer fossil fuel subsidies in Saskatchewan. Our initial research identifies roughly CAD 182 million in 2015 in the form of financial supports for the consumption of fossil fuels.
- Meeting Canada's Subsidy Phase-Out Goal: What it means in OntarioIISD examines some of the fossil fuel subsidies in place in Ontario, how the government is responding to them and where more can be done.
- G20 subsidies to oil, gas and coal production: CanadaThis country study and accompanying data sheet compiles publicly available information on fossil fuel production subsidies in Canada in 2013 and 2014.
- Key Issues on the Road to Paris: A briefing note on COP 21 for the members of the Pan-African Parliament (PAP)The year 2015 is crucial in the fight against climate change.From November 30 to December 11, representatives of 196 countries will meet in Paris...
- Towards a Low Carbon, Climate Resilient Ontario: IISD input to MOECC’s Climate Change Discussion PaperThe Ontario Ministry of Environment and Climate Change released its Ontario Climate Change Discussion Paper 2015. This brief outlines IISD’s...