Our Issue Experts
Jennifer Temmer is a Project Officer with IISD’s Knowledge for Integrated Decisions group. She brings her background in agriculture, rural planning and international development to the team. Jennifer has worked with many First Nations communities in Manitoba, developing northern garden projects and compost programs, organizing land-use mapping workshops, helping to develop a business plan for a Fishery Co-op, researching Metis Population health data, developing capacity and training youth. Jennifer also spent time in Honduras working with a micro-credit program for indigenous women and doing research in technology transfer for sustainable agricultural techniques.
- Our City: A Peg Report on the Natural and Built EnvironmentThis report takes an in-depth look at the relationship between Winnipeggers and the natural and built environments in their city.
- Eight Ways Cities Are Building Climate ResilienceThis essay looks at eight examples drawn from the Building a Climate-Resilient City research series prepared for the City of Edmonton and the City of Calgary by the Prairie Climate Centre.
- Building a Climate-Resilient City: Disaster preparedness and emergency managementThis policy brief examines the potential implications of climate change for disaster preparedness and emergency management in Alberta’s cities, and presents options by which the resilience of these systems may be enhanced.
- Building a Climate-Resilient City: The built environmentThis policy brief looks at ways to cities can foster resilience in the built environment.
- Building a Climate-Resilient City: Electricity and information and communication technology infrastructureThis policy brief examines ways to build resilience in energy and information and communication technology (ICT) infrastructure as a contribution to building urban resilience to climate change.
- Building a Climate-Resilient City: Water supply and sanitation systemsThis policy brief examines ways to build resilience in the water supply and sanitation system as a contribution to urban resilience building.
- Building a Climate-Resilient City: Transportation infrastructureThis policy brief examines ways of building resilient urban transportation infrastructure to reduce exposure to natural hazards, decrease potential risks by implementing mitigation measures and enhance adaptive capacity in a changing climate.
- Building a Climate-Resilient City: Agriculture and food securityThis policy brief focuses on measures related to agriculture and food security that cities can take to build their resilience to climate change.