Our Issue Experts
David Uzsoki works as a sustainable finance and infrastructure specialist in IISD’s Public Procurement and Infrastructure Finance team within the Economic Law and Policy program. David applies his financial industry background in designing innovative financial solutions for projects with environmental and social impact. David’s work has focused on using green financial instruments such as green bonds in financing public-private partnerships (PPPs), deal structuring for sustainable infrastructure projects, risk management solutions for small and medium-sized enterprise loan securitization, green public procurement, improving bank financing for energy-efficient projects and supporting local currency financing in frontier countries.
- Project Preparation Facility: Enabling local governments to access to private financeThis discussion paper explains IISD's recommendation for setting up a Project Preparation Facility (PPF) in Canada to enable smaller local governments to prepare bankable infrastructure project proposals.
- Ideas and Solutions to Address the USD 50 Trillion Infrastructure Deficit: A contribution to the 2015 G-20 Summit, Antalya, TurkeyThe opportunity costs of not addressing the global infrastructure deficit are too high.According to Brodhead, Darling, and Mullin (2014), for every...
- How Green Public Procurement Contributes to Sustainable Development in ChinaBuilding on the results of the IISD Green Public Procurement (GPP) Model, consultations with stakeholders and an extensive literature review, this paper provides targeted recommendations addressing the development areas identified to improve GPP in China.
- Currency Risk in Project FinanceIn developing countries, international financing institutions (IFIs) often help finance key infrastructure projects, predominantly through hard currency loans.
- Green Bonds in Public-Private PartnershipsThis paper proposes green project bonds as an alternative way to finance “green” PPPs by engaging capital markets.For procurers to effectively...