Our Issue Experts
Angie Dazé has joined IISD as an associate. She specializes in climate change adaptation and resilience building in rural communities, primarily in Africa. Her experience includes research and analysis on climate change vulnerability and adaptive capacity in a variety of social and environmental contexts; integration of adaptation and resilience into projects in climate-sensitive sectors; design, monitoring and evaluation processes for adaptation programs; and development of practical, user-friendly tools and processes for community-based adaptation. Angie’s past work includes positions with CARE, the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) and Natural Resources Canada.
- sNAPshot | Developing Capacity for Subnational Adaptation Action in the Republic of the SudanThis sNAPshot policy brief explores Sudan's approach to developing capacity for subnational adaptation action, which supports the National Adaptation Plan (NAP) process.
- sNAPshot | Information Sharing for Adaptation Planning at Subnational Levels: South Africa's Let's Respond ToolkitThis sNAPshot policy brief explores South Africa's approach to information sharing in the National Adaptation Plan (NAP) process to promote vertical integration, which is the process of linking national and subnational adaptation planning, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Connecting the Dots: How ecosystem services support adaptation to climate change What does Ecosystem-based Adaptation (EbA) look like in practice? This blog looks at lessons from recent work in Nepal.
- sNAPshot: Getting Started on Vertical IntegrationThis sNAPshot policy brief from the NAP Global Network introduces the topic of vertical integration, the process of linking national and sub-national adaptation planning through the National Adaptation Plan (NAP) process.
- Taking Stock of Adaptation Progress: Some lessons and challengesOn November 4, the international community celebrated as the Paris Agreement came into effect.
- Vertical Integration in National Adaptation Plan (NAP) Processes: A guidance note for linking national and sub-national adaptationThis guidance note aims to strengthen vertical integration in National Adaptation Plan (NAP) processes, presenting a flexible approach to link national and sub-national adaptation planning, implementation and monitoring & evaluation.
- How Small Businesses Can Support Climate-Resilient Value Chains: Lessons from UgandaThis brief focuses on investments by domestic seed companies in quality seeds, including climate-resilient varieties, in developing countries and the climate risk management benefits for other actors along the value chain. It is designed for researchers and practitioners working on agricultural value chains, food security and climate resilience in developing countries.
- Financial Services for Climate-Resilient Value Chains: The case of the Centenary Bank in UgandaThis briefing note presents the results of case study research on financial services and climate risk management along agricultural value chains, focusing on the Centenary Bank’s services to rice value chain actors in Eastern Uganda.
- Enabling Climate Risk Management Along Agricultural Value Chains: Insights from the rice value chain in UgandaThis briefing note proposes a framework of core functions for climate risk management (CRM) along agricultural value chains and highlights the role of service providers in supporting CRM efforts.
- Policy Solutions for Climate-Resilient Agricultural Value ChainsClimate change poses serious risks to agriculture in many developing countries.
- Migration and Conservation: A toolkit for conservation and development practitionersThis toolkit helps conservation practitioners assess the impacts of human migration on critical ecosystems.
- How Should Conservation Actors Approach Migration?Migration has always been an important strategy for coping with variability and change in Africa’s Great Lakes region.
- Human Migration and Ecosystems: Insights from the Great Lakes Region of East and Central AfricaFor centuries, people in east and central Africa have used migration as a strategy to respond to shocks, sustain livelihoods and adapt to changes...
- Promoting Climate-Resilient Peacebuilding in Fragile StatesEfforts to help fragile states move onto a path toward stability and sustainability continue to face enormous challenges.Climate change is one of...